My Favorite Courses In Cognitive Science

Since Cognitive Science is an interdisciplinary field, there are many different areas of study to focus on. As mentioned before, Cognitive Science pulls themes from topics such as Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Anthropology, Philosophy, Artificial Intelligence, and Linguistics. 

 So as a Cognitive Science major, you are expected to and enjoy classes over many different topics in many different fields. As I progress in my final year as a Cognitive Science student, I look back on a majority of classes that I have taken fondly, or at least with a newfound respect for. My linguistics, psychology, and even philosophy courses are some of the personal favorites that I have attended. 

Prior to declaring my major, I had never taken any courses having to do with any of these subjects. Learning different structures of language, arguing whether or not machine could be man, and creating a research study of Internet and physical relationships and their link to stress have been topics that have stuck with me since I was first introduced to them.

Being in a major with so many options for study has never let me feel stuck in a loop. My knowledge has only expanded as I learned and continue to learn things that I had no knowledge of prior.

Cognitive Science has and will continue to be a hub of different forms of study that I am going to continue in for the foreseeable future.

Comments

Popular Posts